It is evident that there is no specific report in the Sunnah that recommends any dua for an interview. Nevertheless, there are numerous Duas from the Quran and Sunnah that can be recited during times of hardship and difficulty, including during interviews and exams. Dua For Job Interview – Best Dua For Jobs.
In this article, you will discover Duas for a job interview, Duas for success in an interview, Duas for difficulty and hardship, as well as a Muslim’s guide to a fruitful job interview.
Dua For Interview
One of the most beautiful Duas to recite during times of difficulty, including during an interview, is the Dua of Prophet Musa. This Dua is powerful and comprehensive, and it is recommended to learn and recite it as much as possible during the interview.
رَبِّ ٱشْرَحْ لِى صَدْرِى وَيَسِّرْ لِىٓ أَمْرِى وَٱحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِّن لِّسَانِى يَفْقَهُوا۟ قَوْلِى
“Rabbi shrah li sadri wa yassir li amri wahlul ‘uqdatan min lisanee yafqahu qawli.” This is a verse from the Quran, Surah Taha, 20:25-28, and it means: “My Lord, expand for me my chest [with assurance] and ease for me my task and untie the knot from my tongue that they may understand my speech.”
This beautiful supplication was invoked by Prophet Moses (peace be upon him) upon being sent to Pharaoh. It is a powerful and short dua from Surah Taha. The dua is simple and easy to memorize, and you can recite it before the day of your interview or exam, on the day of the interview or exam, and even while taking the exam.
Job Interview Dua Meanings
In this dua, you ask Allah to:
- Expand your chest and grant you assurance.
- Give you self-confidence, boldness, and contentment.
- Bring peace to your heart.
- Elevate your heart.
- Expand your chest to accommodate everything.
- Ease your mind.
- Make your task easy.
- Facilitate your affairs so that you may succeed.
- Untie the knot from your tongue and remove any incorrectness or impediments from your speech.
In this supplication, you implore Allah, whose knowledge and power are infinite, that if it is in His knowledge that the job will be good for you, both in this life and the hereafter, then make it easy and facilitate it for you. However, if it is not good for you, then remove it from your path and take you away from it.
Dua Before Interview
To prepare for an interview, it is highly recommended to continuously recite one of the most powerful supplications for difficulties, including interviews and exams. The supplication is written in Arabic as follows:
اللَّهُمَّ لاَ سَهْلَ إِلاَّ مَا جَعَلْتَهُ سَهْلاً، وَأَنْتَ تَجْعَلُ الْحَزْنَ إِذَا شِئْتَ سَهْلاً
“O Allah, there is no ease except in that which You have made easy, and You make the difficult easy if it be Your Will.”
The Urdu translation of the dua is:
“اللہ تعالیٰ، کچھ بھی آسانی کے سوا نہیں ہے جسے آپ نے آسان بنایا ہے۔ اور جب آپ چاہیں تو آپ مشکل کو آسان بنا دیتے ہیں۔”
Benefits of reciting this dua before an interview or any challenging situation include seeking Allah’s help in making the task easy and seeking His guidance and support to overcome any difficulties or obstacles that may arise. Reciting this dua also helps to calm the heart and mind, and increases one’s reliance and trust in Allah.
Dua For Interview Success
To increase your chances of success in a job interview, it is recommended to recite a powerful and beneficial Dua before leaving your house. The Dua is:
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ، تَوَكَّلْتُ عَلى اللَّهِ، وَلَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلاَّ بِاللَّهِ
The English translation of this dua is: “In the name of Allah, I place my trust in Allah, and there is no might nor power except with Allah.”
As per the Hadith, whoever recites the aforementioned supplication after leaving their home, it will be said to them: “You are guided, and you are protected, and Satan will be kept away from you.
Dua for Passing Interview
رَبَّنَا آتِنَا فِي الدُّنْيَا حَسَنَةً وَفِي الْآخِرَةِ حَسَنَةً وَقِنَا عَذَابَ النَّارِ
The translation in English for this dua is:
“Our Lord, grant us the best in this world and the best in the Hereafter, and protect us from the punishment of the Fire.”
And the translation in Urdu is:
“اے ہمارے رب ہمیں دنیا میں بھی اچھائی عطا فرما اور آخرت میں بھی اچھائی عطا فرما اور ہمیں دوزخ کے عذاب سے بچا لے۔”
The benefits of reciting this dua include seeking the blessings of Allah (SWT) for both the world and the Hereafter, as well as seeking protection from the punishment of Hellfire. This dua also serves as a reminder of the ultimate goal of every Muslim, which is to attain success in both this world and the Hereafter. By reciting this dua regularly, a Muslim can seek Allah’s blessings and protection and strive towards leading a successful and fulfilling life in this world and the Hereafter.
general rules regarding supplications
Here are the general rules regarding supplications:
- It is permissible for a person to offer supplications that were not narrated in reports, even if they are in colloquial Arabic or a language other than Arabic, outside of the prayer or during the prayer when one is unable to speak Arabic.
- The supplication should use permissible words and avoid transgressing limits, and should not involve any sin or severing of kinship ties.
- Although supplications described in reports have much good in them, a person may need to offer supplication for himself or a loved one for specific things of this world and the hereafter, or to ask Allah to keep harm or evil away from him.
- This type of supplication is broad in scope and is not limited to what is reported in reports.
- What matters in supplication is focus, presence of mind, and sincerity in turning to Allah, regardless of the language used.
- Allah hears all voices and understands all languages, and nothing is hidden from Him.
- It is not permissible to invent du`as and attribute them to Islam. What has been narrated in the hadiths that may be said during times of hardship and difficulty is sufficient.
And Allah knows best.
Successful Job Interview tips
|#||Tips for a Successful Job Interview|
|1||Make Istikharah before the interview|
|2||List the top 5 things you want them to know about you|
|3||Come up with 5 “smart points” to show your expertise|
|4||Prepare questions to ask the interviewer|
|5||Review and practice answering common interview questions|
|6||Research and learn about the company|
|7||Dress professionally and modestly|
|8||Bring copies of your resume, a pen, and something to write on|
|9||Arrive on time, not too early or late|
|10||Answer questions thoroughly and engage in conversation|
|11||Show your personality and be light-hearted|
|12||Be confident in yourself, but also humble|