The Job Board of the Lodestar Center is an automated publishing platform that allows users to generate content. It’s important to note that the inclusion of community-generated content on this page does not imply endorsement by the ASU Lodestar Center of the submitting organization, its products, services, or political ideologies.
The ASU Lodestar Center strongly recommends that job seekers conduct their own research before applying to any positions listed on the Job Board. Only organizations officially recognized by the IRS as tax-exempt nonprofits or those currently doing business with or for nonprofit organizations may submit job postings. The ASU Lodestar Center reserves the right to remove postings from any entity that does not meet these criteria. Additionally, we may edit any submission if there are concerns related to the content.
ASU Lodestar Jobs
TAPI, or the Arizona Partnership for Immunization, is a non-profit organization that serves as the statewide immunization coalition in Arizona. Established in 1993, TAPI’s mission is to bring together various stakeholders in Arizona, such as the medical community, insurance plans, vaccine manufacturers, public health departments, and the general public, to work together in a coordinated manner to ensure high levels of immunization coverage for all residents of the state.
As part of its mission, TAPI established a centralized insurance billing program in 2009 that has been successful in ensuring insurance reimbursement for public health departments in Arizona. This program enables public health departments to provide critical public health services, including immunizations, sexual health clinic services, and family planning services to individuals and communities in the state.
TAPI operates under the umbrella of the Arizona Alliance of Community Health Centers (AACHC). If you apply for a job at TAPI, you may hear from AACHC. TAPI’s website can be found at www.whyimmunize.org.
Primary Purpose of The Program Manager Jobs:
Billing & Funding position is responsible for overseeing the Centralized Billing Program and interfacing with the Arizona Public Health Departments, insurance companies and other related stakeholders to obtain insurance revenue for county health department services.
The following are the essential functions of the Program Manager – Billing & Funding:
- Assure and document efficient and effective billing policies, procedures, and program performance benchmarking, in coordination with TAPI leadership and Revenue Cycle Program Manager (RCPM).
- Lead contracting efforts with insurance plans for insurance revenue reimbursement, with assistance from RCPM.
- Lead contracting efforts with county health departments and other partner agencies/organizations for TAPI billing services, with assistance from RCPM.
- In coordination with RCPM, assure proper billing system set-up, insurance fees/charges, modifications, and functionality.
- Represent TAPI billing program at TAPI coalition meetings, such as Board, Steering Committee, and other meetings.
- In coordination with RCPM and county health departments, assure county provider credentialing.
- Represent TAPI billing program at billing partner/stakeholder meetings, such as regular county health department billing meetings, AHCCCS and insurance plan meetings.
- Assure monthly accountability of insurance payments postings by reconciling revenue with bank deposits and reporting revenue proportions attributed to county/customers. Produce monthly payment reconciliation reports for insurance revenue received and distribute to county health department customers.
- Obtain vaccine and other cost data from county health departments for payment reconciliation purposes, in coordination with RCPM.
- Assure appropriate payment to TAPI for billing services by customers.
- Research and implement immunization and insurance reimbursement policies as needed.
- Produce billing program budget, determine staff salaries, and approve staff timesheets.
- Assist TAPI Executive Director and Program Director with TAPI Office operational duties and other projects, as assigned.
- Work closely with TAPI Accountant, Business Manager, and other support staff.
- Function as financial lead for billing program, in coordination with Office Manager, Program Director and Accountant.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, or related field.
- Minimum of five years of healthcare billing experience.
- Experience in medical billing and coding.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and billing software.
- Knowledge of insurance reimbursement policies and procedures.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to
Company address: 700 E. JEFFERSON ST. SUITE 100